Sunday, May 31, 2015

3069 gets her levels sorted out

For a while 3069 had problems staying level - for a while it was thought that an air bag had failed. I thought one Sunday I want to get her out, sort this and the idea was to give her a wash and take her for a short run
Thinking it was a failed air bag, when I scrapped the Canberra Merc, I saved an air bag

Turns out it was not a failed air bag

The levelling valve had popped off
No need for the air bag then......





 It was these pictures from a couple of years ago that made me think 'hang on' since on the day we started her up - she was leaning in the opposite position with the nearside rear being down rather than up


After fixing the levelling valve

Post script to 2413's engine transplant

One thing 2413 had done for a long time...... every time the brakes were depressed, there'd be a hiss come from down the back near the engine bay
Turns out, it had been a air hose that had worn away.....

Another hose was sourced from ex 2202 - however it had previously been loose, under advice I cable tied it to the coolant pipe with a piece of floor rubber - also from 2202, so the rubber rubs away before the hose does 

No comments: