Thursday, January 14, 2010

Happy 2010

An update on the goings on....

I'm back from spending a few weeks overseas, I had a great time, although in the back of my head, I was back at the yard at Terrey Hills, since it was going to be wound up. Various issues with each bus (bar 1930). However things have worked out for the best and they're off to Oakville instead.

Since September, 1930 had it's rims swapped with another bus, back to the original style split rim - looks rather swish now :) Just a shame that a battery terminal malfunction, on the last of the cheap n nasty ebay purchased batteries meant that 1930 was yard bound for the HCVA November rally. It's now out at Oakville.
Yesterday 2413's engine spluttered to life for the first time in a very long time, it had a wash, plan is to give it another tomorrow and give 2199 a wash as well. I'm going to try and line up all my mercs at Oakville and get a shot :)

In other news, 2411, which became m/o 8586 fleet number 72 at Veolia Transport was withdrawn today. It, 2413 and 2361 were the standouts at Kingsgrove depot - I'm of two minds....

Hopefully things will start moving on various fronts this year, I've half set my mind to restoring 1930 in time for January 2014 - the 13th will mark 20 years since the last run of the mark 1's in government service - the actual bus was scrapped in late 2008, but a small part of it will make it into 1930 ;)

3 comments:

kurt said...

Hi Simes,
Share the same passion with buses, especially the MKII 0305's.
Any knowledge on where to pick up a good one?

Simon said...

Hi Kurt,

There are a few companies who will be disposing of them over the coming months - a certain one with alot of them especially - get into contact with them, hit and miss but I'm lead to believe there are some good ones amongst them (ebay and dealers may have you paying too much for them)

cheers

Simon

donnaj edwards said...

Great blog. All posts have something to learn. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Pallet Transport from Sydney to Perth