Sunday, March 30, 2008

Well lookie here......

On Saturday I went up to the yard and at a loose end, I thought I would do something that I've been thinking of doing for months. Since I had no use for the school lights, I wanted to see what was under them - I had been told that the practice during corporate repaints was to mask up around the lights, from my own memory of seeing some repaints that sounded right to me, I still wanted to have a look anyway. So I got up on the ladder and removed em and this is what was under the lights on both sides at the front


I did the nearside light first, thinking that possibly the offside may of been redone due to that side taking a hit somehow. Surprisingly both sides are intact like above - showing the dark blue and the white line - which seems to of been painted on, whereas the blue line seems to be vinyl...
I'm thinking I should make a mark in the centre of the front desto glass as a reference point since these two spots may well get obliterated during painting preparation...

On the back - there was mandarin blue under both....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.